Page 1 from 2
Total results: 1131
- Suffering from aches, sore.
- The wife of Lamech
- The wife of Esau.
- A king of Israel, mentioned in the Bible.
- name, very rarely used.
- A king of Judah mentioned in the book of Kings.
- A use of the interjection, ahem.
- To hail with a cry of "ahoy".
- An utterance of this interjection.
- A Tibeto-Burman language spoken in Burma, China, and neighboring countries.
- In South Asia, a woman employed to look after children; (formerly) a wet nurse.
- In China and Southeast Asia, a female domestic helper.
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- Having the color of ashes.
- Having dry or dead skin (therefore discolored).
- A native female servant or maid, especially working for Europeans in South Asia.
- A verse in the Quran.
- that is common in many ethnicities in India.
- Traditionally among Brahmins, a Brahmin who has learned all the four Vedas.
- A tough, a thug.
- A virulent poison extracted from or other species of aconite.
- The plant itself.
- Nonsense; drivel; idle, meaningless talk.
- (in plural, the blahs) A general or ambiguous feeling of discomfort, dissatisfaction, uneasiness, boredom, mild depression, etc.
- Dull; uninteresting; insipid.
- Low in spirit or health; down.
- To utter idle, meaningless talk.
- Each of the two; one and the other; definition
- Each of the two kinds; one and the other kind; definition
- including both of (used with and)
- including all of (used with and).
- A fortified dwelling place belonging to a king or noble; a prehistoric fort.
- Chewing tobacco.
- A plug or wad of chewing tobacco.
- The jaw.
- To chew; to grind with one's teeth; to masticate (food, or the cud); to champ (at the bit).
- To ruminate in thought; to consider; to keep the mind working upon; to brood over.
- To steal.
- A Chevrolet automobile.
- a chemotherapy regimen used in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, consisting of Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin (also called doxorubicin or adriamycin), Oncovin (vincristine) and Prednisone or Prednisolone
- One of various species of freshwater fish of the Cyprinidae or carp family, especially:
- the European chub, Leuciscus cephalus
- in Europe, its close relatives, notably the fallfish.
- By extension, various vaguely related marine or freshwater fishes.
- in North America, the black bass.
- A chubby, plump person
- An overweight or obese gay man.
- Excess body fat
- A plastic or other flexible package of meat, usually ground meat or luncheon meat.
- A dull, fairly quick explosive or percussive sound, as if made by a labouring engine.
- A large gulp of drink.
- A homemade Cuban boat, built to carry emigrants to the USA, and often abandoned upon arrival.
- To make dull explosive sounds.
- To move or travel whilst making such sounds.
- to drink a large amount (especially of beer) in a single action/without breathing; to chugalug. People usually chant this at the person who is drinking.
- A dog; a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.
- To solicit charitable donations on the street, particularly in a persistent manner.
- A person of Native American descent.
- An anadromus and semelparous salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch, found in the coastal regions of the northern Pacific Ocean, used as a symbol by several Native American tribes.
- Butea monosperma, a tree of southern Asia.
- An Indian percussion instrument.
- A coasting sailing vessel of Arabia, East Africa, and the Indian Ocean. It has generally but one mast and a lateen sail.
- To strike or push violently; to strike with the horns; butt.
- To fall violently; dash down; move with violence.
- All; every; definition.
- Every one; every thing.
- For one; per.
- An individual item: the least quantitative unit in a grouping.
- In some countries, the period from elementary school to high school.
- To cut into a surface with an acid or other corrosive substance in order to make a pattern. Best known as a technique for creating printing plates, but also used for decoration on metal, and, in modern industry, to make circuit boards.
- To engrave a surface.
- To make a lasting impression.
- To sketch; to delineate.
- To worry; to bother, annoy.
- A worry; trouble; bother.
- The far-right, especially violent far-right protestors.
- Jurisprudence in the Islamic law, shari'a.
- The Albanian language spoken in Northern Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and southern Serbia.
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- The open sea, especially as a place to fish.
- The practice of sea fishing for such as cod, ling and tusk.
- Balls or pieces of ice falling as precipitation, often in connection with a thunderstorm.
- Said of the weather when hail is falling.
- to send or release hail
- to greet; give salutation to; salute.
- To name; to designate; to call.
- to call out loudly in order to gain the attention of
- Healthy, whole, safe.
- The pilgrimage to Mecca made by pious Muslims; one of the five pillars of Islam.
- Pawnee Indian ceremony celebrating the union of Earth and Heaven and the genesis of life
- To listen attentively; often used in the imperative.
- A mountain range in Northern Germany; its rugged terrain extends across parts of Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia.
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A clasp, especially a metal strap fastened by a padlock or a pin; also, a hook for fastening a door.
- A spindle to wind yarn, thread, or silk on.
- An instrument for cutting the surface of grassland; a scarifier.
- To shut or fasten with a hasp.
- To carry something; to transport something, with a connotation that the item is heavy or otherwise difficult to move.
- To pull or draw something heavy.
- To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen.
- To steer a vessel closer to the wind.
- To shift fore (more towards the bow).
- To pull.
- To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- A long drive, especially transporting/hauling heavy cargo.
- An amount of something that has been taken, especially of fish or illegal loot.
- A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- A bundle of many threads, to be tarred.
- Collectively, all of the products bought on a shopping trip.
- A haul video
- A diurnal predatory bird of the family Accipitridae, smaller than an eagle.
- Any diurnal predatory terrestrial bird of similar size and and appearance to the accipitrid hawks, such as a falcon
- An advocate of aggressive political positions and actions; a warmonger.
- An uncooperative or purely-selfish participant in an exchange or game, especially when untrusting, acquisitive or treacherous. Refers specifically to the Prisoner's Dilemma, alias the Hawk-Dove game.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- To make an attack while on the wing; to soar and strike like a hawk.
- A plasterer's tool, made of a flat surface with a handle below, used to hold an amount of plaster prior to application to the wall or ceiling being worked on: a mortarboard.
- To sell; to offer for sale by outcry in the street; to carry (merchandise) about from place to place for sale; to peddle.
- An effort to force up phlegm from the throat, accompanied with noise.
- To cough up something from one's throat.
- To try to cough up something from one's throat; to clear the throat loudly.
- To lounge; to loiter.
- form of (straw)
- Thick or obscured with haze.
- Not clear or transparent.
- Obscure; confused; not clear.
- A piece of mountain pasture to which a farm animal has become heafed; a heft.
- To become accustomed to and attached to an area of mountain pasture, seldom straying from it.
- To perceive sounds through the ear.
- To perceive (a sound, or something producing a sound) with the ear, to recognize (something) in an auditory way.
- To exercise this faculty intentionally; to listen to.
- To listen favourably to; to grant (a request etc.).
- To receive information about; to come to learn of.
- To listen to (a person, case) in a court of law; to try.
- To sympathize with; to share the feeling or opinion of.
- The hip of the dog rose.
- Someone who inherits, or is designated to inherit, the property of another.
- One who inherits, or has been designated to inherit, a hereditary title or office.
- A successor in a role, representing continuity with the predecessor.
- To take hold of; to grasp, hold.
- A strand of hair
- The fibrous shaft or barb of a feather (especially that of the ostrich or peacock) used to make artificial flies for angling
- An artificial fly made with this barb
- A reptile or amphibian.
- A domestic; a servant or retainer.
- Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- Having been cut or mown down.
- Very elevated; extending or being far above a base; tall; lofty.
- Pertaining to (or, especially of a language: spoken in) in an area which is at a greater elevation, for example more mountainous, than other regions.
- Above the batter's shoulders.
- Relatively elevated; rising or raised above the average or normal level from which elevation is measured.
- Having a specified elevation or height; tall.
- Elevated in status, esteem, prestige; exalted in rank, station, or character.
- Most exalted; foremost.
- Of great importance and consequence: grave (if negative) or solemn (if positive).
- Consummate; advanced (e.g. in development) to the utmost extent or culmination, or possessing a quality in its supreme degree, at its zenith.
- Advanced in complexity (and hence potentially abstract and/or difficult to comprehend).
- Remote in distance or time.
- Very traditionalist and conservative, especially in favoring older ways of doing things; see e.g. .
- Elevated in mood; marked by great merriment, excitement, etc.
- Luxurious; rich.
- Lofty, often to the point of arrogant, haugty, boastful, proud.
- With tall waves.
- Large, great (in quantity, value, force, energy, etc).
- Having a large or comparatively larger concentration of (a substance,
- Acute or shrill in pitch, due to being of greater frequency, i.e. produced by more rapid vibrations (wave oscillations).
- Made with some part of the tongue positioned high in the mouth, relatively close to the palate.
- Greater in value than other cards, denominations, suits, etc.
- Having the highest rank in a straight, flush or straight flush.
- Winning; able to take a trick, win a round, etc.
- Strong-scented; slightly tainted/spoiled; beginning to decompose.
- Intoxicated; under the influence of a mood-altering drug, formerly (until the early 20th century) usually alcohol, but now (by the mid 20th century) usually not alcohol but rather marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- Near, in its direction of travel, to the (direction of the) wind.
- In or to an elevated position.
- In or at a great value.
- In a pitch of great frequency.
- A period of euphoria, from excitement or from an intake of drugs.
- A drug that gives such a high.
- A large area of elevated atmospheric pressure; an anticyclone.
- The maximum atmospheric temperature recorded at a particular location, especially during one 24-hour period.
- An elevated place; a superior region; a height; the sky; heaven.
- The highest card dealt or drawn.
- To rise.
- Thought; intention; determination; purpose.
- To hie; to hasten.
- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
- The snap of the ball to start a play.
- A command to a dog sled team, given by a musher
- To take a long walk for pleasure or exercise.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- To snap the ball to start a play.
- To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counterbalance the effects of the wind on the sails.
- To pull up or tug upwards sharply.
- Located at the rear (most often said of animals' body parts).
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus.
- A servant, especially an agricultural labourer.
- A clue.
- A tacit suggestion that avoids a direct statement.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- An opportunity; occasion; fit time.
- To suggest tacitly without a direct statement; to provide a clue.
- To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- A sibilant sound, such as that made by a snake or escaping steam; an unvoiced fricative.
- An expression of disapproval made using such a sound.
- To make a hissing sound.
- To condemn or express contempt for by hissing.
- To utter with a hissing sound.
- To deceive (someone) by making them believe something which has been maliciously or mischievously fabricated. (scam)
- Anything deliberately intended to deceive or trick.
- To play the fool; to behave thoughtlessly and frivolously.
- To leap; to caper; to romp noisily.
- A hollow cavity.
- To dig out; make hollow; hollow out.
- To dig; dig into; pierce; penetrate; investigate; poke.
- To dig up; excavate.
- Holidays (time off work or time spent travelling).
- a city in Syria
- The tip of a toe of an ungulate such as a horse, ox or deer, strengthened by a thick keratin covering.
- The human foot.
- An ungula.
- To trample with hooves.
- To walk.
- To dance, especially as a professional.
- To kick, especially to kick a football a long way downfield with little accuracy.
- A condition of physical attraction toward (for) someone.
- A time period of sixty minutes; one twenty-fourth of a day.
- A season, moment, time or stound.
- The time.
- Used after a two-digit hour and a two-digit minute to indicate time.
- A distance that can be traveled in one hour.
- The protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- A prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.
- To utter a loud, protracted, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- To utter a sound expressive of pain or distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- To make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
- To utter with outcry.
- for someone who lived high, or on a hill.
- A city in Kansas.
- A community in New Brunswick, Canada.
- coloured, having the hue.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- An outer garment worn in Europe in the Middle Ages.
- A form of chant and dance, which was developed in the Hawaiian Islands by the Polynesians who originally settled there.
- To dance the hula.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- To throw (something) with force.
- To utter (harsh or derogatory speech), especially at its target.
- To participate in the sport of hurling.
- To vomit.
- To twist or turn.
- A throw, especially a violent throw; a fling.
- The act of vomiting.
- The act of hitting the sliotar with the hurley.
- (car) ride
- tumult; riot; hurly-burly
- A table on which fibre is stirred and mixed by beating with a bow spring.
- to hum; buzz
- To make a rolling, trilling, or burring sound; gnarl
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- The monetary unit of South Korea from February 15, 1953 to June 9, 1962.
- A melodic chanting style of Welsh preaching.
- The first matter of the cosmos, from which the four elements arose, according to the doctrines of Empedocles and Aristotle.
- A song of praise or worship.
- To sing (a hymn).
- To praise or extol in hymns.
- Promotion or propaganda; especially exaggerated claims.
- To promote heavily; to advertise or build up.
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot, or exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- The amount of an alcoholic beverage which would fill a glass or bottle to the depth of an inch.
- A very short distance.
- To advance very slowly, or by a small amount (in a particular direction).
- To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- A small island
- A sensation felt on an area of the skin that causes a person or animal to want to scratch.
- A desire or want.
- To feel itchy; to feel a need to be scratched.
- To want or desire.
- To cause to feel an itch.
- To scratch or rub so as to relieve an itch.
- A species of grassy tamarisk shrub, common in river-marshes.
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- The eleventh letter of the Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets, kaph, especially when pronounced as a fricative (rather than as a plosive).
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- The thong or braided cord of a whip, with which the blow is given.
- A leash in which an animal is caught or held; hence, a snare.
- A stroke with a whip, or anything pliant and tough.
- A stroke of satire or sarcasm; an expression or retort that cuts or gives pain; a cut.
- A hair growing from the edge of the eyelid; an eyelash.
- In carpet weaving, a group of strings for lifting simultaneously certain yarns, to form the figure.
- In British English, it refers to heavy drinking with friends, (i.e. We were out on the lash last night)
- To strike with a lash; to whip or scourge with a lash, or with something like one.
- To strike forcibly and quickly, as with a lash; to beat, or beat upon, with a motion like that of a lash.
- To throw out with a jerk or quickly.
- To scold; to berate; to satirize; to censure with severity.
- To ply the whip; to strike.
- To utter censure or sarcastic language.
- To fall heavily, especially in the phrase lash down
- To bind with a rope, cord, thong, or chain, so as to fasten.
- Remiss, lax.
- Soft, watery, wet.
- excellent, wonderful
- A structure made of connected strands of metal, fiber, or other flexible/ductile material, with evenly spaced openings between them.
- The opening or space enclosed by the threads of a net between knot and knot, or the threads enclosing such a space.
- The engagement of the teeth of wheels, or of a wheel and rack.
- A measure of fineness (particle size) of ground material. A powder that passes through a sieve having 300 openings per linear inch but does not pass 400 openings per linear inch is said to be -300 +400 mesh.
- A polygon mesh.
- To fit in, to come together.
- To catch in a mesh.
- A usually nocturnal insect of the order Lepidoptera, distinguished from butterflies by feather-like antennae.
- Anything that gradually and silently eats, consumes, or wastes any other thing.
- To hunt for moths.
- The plant
- A liver spot, especially an irregular or feathery one.
- A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc.
- Such stories as a genre.
- A commonly-held but false belief, a common misconception; a fictitious or imaginary person or thing; a popular conception about a real person or event which exaggerates or idealizes reality.
- A person or thing held in excessive or quasi-religious awe or admiration based on popular legend
- A person or thing existing only in imagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable.
- nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) carrying two electrons and bonded with a hydrogen (H) ion; the reduced form of NAD.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- A figure in Abrahamic religions, believed to have built an ark to save his family and members of each species of animal from the Great Flood.
- The 71st sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- of; shark.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- A solemn pledge or promise to a god, king, or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract
- The affirmed statement or promise accepted as equivalent to an oath.
- A light or insulting use of a solemn pledge or promise to a god, king or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract the name of a deity in a profanity, as in swearing oaths.
- A curse.
- An affirmation of the truth of a statement.
- to pledge
- Either of two flowering trees of the myrtle family, especially
- in Hawaii: the lehua, (native to Hawaii)
- the Malay apple, (native to Southeast Asia, introduced throughout the tropics).
- A Capital and largest city: Columbus.
- A river flowing SW from Pennsylvania to the Mississippi River in Illinois.
- A village in Illinois.
- A town in New York.
- Any of three communities in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Any of various large, colourful, deep-bodied pelagic fish of the family Lamprididae.
- A large war canoe of the Society Islands.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- The soft, spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- The spongy interior substance of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- The albedo of a citrus fruit.
- The essential or vital part.
- To extract the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To kill (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal cord.
- A god of creativity and craftsmen, sometimes also identified with gods of death and the birth of the sun.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- The nineteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A branch of the river Rhine and its basin.
- An urban area in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
- A person who belongs to a monotheistic sect of Hinduism; Sadhs' beliefs are similar to those of Quakers
- A piece of designed to be worn around the
- A length of worn over the to the opposite often for or other occasions.
- To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- The opening part (casement) of a window usually containing the glass panes, hinged to the jamb, or sliding up and down as in a sash window.
- A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; the gate.
- A former Hebrew unit of dry volume, about 7.7 or 7 quarts.
- A scab.
- To scratch; to rub.
- To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- Any one of several species of food fishes that make up the genus Alosa in the family Clupeidae, to which the herrings also belong;
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- of Chinese origin, a variant of Shi.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- Wearing shoes.
- Having tires equipped.
- jolt, shake
- to jolt or shake
- to depart, frequently with "off"
- To induce someone or something to leave.
- To leave under inducement.
- To usher someone.
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- A Turkic ethnic group living in Mountain Shoria, a southern part of Kemerovo oblast in Russia.
- The language spoken by this people.
- Worn out or broken.
- Woven from warp and weft strands of different colours, resulting in an iridescent appearance.
- Tired, weary.
- Discharged, cleared, or rid of something.
- The result of launching a projectile or bullet.
- The act of launching a ball or similar object toward a goal.
- The heavy iron ball used for the shot put.
- Small metal balls used as ammunition.
- Metal balls (or similar) used as ammunition; not necessarily small.
- Someone who shoots (a gun) regularly
- An opportunity or attempt.
- A remark or comment, especially one which is critical or insulting.
- A punch or other physical blow.
- A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces. ("pony shot"= 30 milliliters; 1 fluid ounce)
- A single serving of espresso.
- A single unbroken sequence of photographic film exposures, or the digital equivalent; an unedited sequence of frames.
- A vaccination or injection.
- A home run that scores one, two, or three runs (a four run home run is usually referred to as a grand slam).
- Written documentation of a behavior infraction.
- A cast of one or more nets.
- A place or spot for setting nets.
- A single draft or catch of fish made.
- To load (a gun) with shot.
- A charge to be paid, a scot or shout.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- co-op (short for "association" store).
- of; definition
- Any of three genera of large Asian ungulates belonging to the subfamily Caprinae (goat-antelopes).
- The ninth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A bondman; a slave.
- Bond; servile.
- To oppress; enslave.
- Muscle or sinew.
- A good quality or habit; virtue.
- An attractive physical attribute, especially muscle; mental or moral vigour.
- Instruct in morals or values; chastise.