Page 1 from 7
Total results: 6891
- A video jockey, veejay.
- A video journalist.
- A quick stab or blow; a poking or thrusting motion.
- A short straight punch.
- A medical injection.
- A vaccination, whether or not delivered via conventional injection.
- A verbal annoyance.
- To poke or thrust abruptly, or to make such a motion.
- To deliver a quick punch.
- To give someone an injection
- One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- The part of the face below the mouth.
- Anything resembling the jaw of an animal in form or action; especially plural, the mouth or way of entrance.
- A notch or opening.
- A notched or forked part, adapted for holding an object in place.
- One of a pair of opposing parts which are movable towards or from each other, for grasping or crushing anything between them.
- The inner end of a boom or gaff, hollowed in a half circle so as to move freely on a mast.
- Impudent or abusive talk.
- Axle guard.
- The curved part of the marking the entry to the pocket.
- To assail or abuse by scolding.
- To scold; to clamor.
- To talk; to converse.
- (of a ball) To stick in the jaws of a pocket.
- (used in certain set phrases like jaw harp, jaw harpist and jaw's-trump)
- An earthmoving machine made by the J. C. Bamford (JCB) company, or (through trademark erosion) any backhoe/endloader combination, or similar machinery.
- A triangular staysail set forward of the foremast. In a sloop (see image) the basic jib reaches back roughly to the level of the mast.
- Any of a variety of specialty triangular staysails set forward of the foremast.
- The projecting arm of a crane
- A crane used for mounting and moving a video camera
- An object that is used for performing tricks while skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, in-line skating, or biking. These objects are usually found in a terrain park or skate park.
- (dialectal) The under lip, the mouth, face, nose, or teeth.
- To shift, or swing round, as a sail, boom, yard, etc., as in tacking.
- To stop and refuse to go forward (usually of a horse).
- To stop doing something, to become reluctant to proceed with an activity.
- One who jibs or balks, refusing to continue forward.
- A stationary condition; a standstill.
- A light, brisk musical movement; a gigue.
- A lively dance in 6/8 (double jig), 9/8 (slip jig) or 12/8 (single jig) time; a tune suitable for such a dance. By extension, a lively traditional tune in any of these time signatures. Unqualified, the term is usually taken to refer to a double (6/8) jig.
- A dance performed by one or sometimes two individual dancers, as opposed to a dance performed by a set or team.
- A type of lure consisting of a hook molded into a weight, usually with a bright or colorful body.
- A device in manufacturing, woodworking, or other creative endeavors for controlling the location, path of movement, or both of either a workpiece or the tool that is operating upon it. Subsets of this general class include machining jigs, woodworking jigs, welders' jigs, jewelers' jigs, and many others.
- An apparatus or machine for jigging ore.
- A light, humorous piece of writing, especially in rhyme; a farce in verse; a ballad.
- A trick; a prank.
- To move briskly, especially as a dance.
- To move with a skip or rhythm; to move with vibrations or jerks.
- To fish with a jig.
- To sing to the tune of a jig.
- To trick or cheat; to cajole; to delude.
- To sort or separate, as ore in a jigger or sieve.
- To cut or form, as a piece of metal, in a jigging machine.
- A form of exercise, slower than a run; an energetic trot.
- To push slightly; to move or shake with a push or jerk, as to gain the attention of; to jolt.
- To shake, stir or rouse.
- To walk or ride forward with a jolting pace; to move at a heavy pace, trudge; to move on or along.
- To move at a pace between walking and running, to run at a leisurely pace.
- To cause to move at an energetic trot.
- To straighten stacks of paper by lightly tapping against a flat surface.
- A former, pre-metric unit of length in India, equal to approximately a quarter of an inch
- A serving vessel or container, circular in cross-section and typically higher than it is wide, with a relatively small mouth or spout, an ear handle and often a stopper or top.
- The amount that a jug can hold.
- A woman's breasts.
- A kettle.
- To stew in an earthenware jug etc.
- To put into jail.
- To utter a sound like "jug", as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- To nestle or collect together in a covey.
- Whilst jogging; with a jogging motion; with agitation.
- agitated; jogging; moving about
- The pilgrimage to Mecca made by pious Muslims; one of the five pillars of Islam.
- A place or institution for the confinement of persons held in lawful custody or detention, especially for minor offenses or with reference to some future judicial proceeding.
- Confinement in a jail.
- The condition created by the requirement that a horse claimed in a claiming race not be run at another track for some period of time (usually 30 days).
- In dodgeball and related games, the area where players who have been struck by the ball are confined.
- To imprison.
- A judge of Israel.
- name of biblical origin.
- Either of the vertical components that form the side of an opening in a wall, such as that of a door frame, window frame, or fireplace.
- Any thick mass of rock that prevents miners from following the lode or vein.
- To fix or attach a jamb to.
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- A joke or quip.
- To jest; play tricks; joke.
- To mock; deride; gibe; trick; befool.
- A seal
- To modify (weaponry) to disadvantage; especially, to attach and use a tracking device to covertly monitor its location.
- To knock one pace-egg against that of an opponent, with the aim of cracking the other’s egg and leaving one's own intact.
- A splash.
- A mark left by a splash of water or mud.
- To splash; to slosh.
- Something; any object, place or thing.
- A woman.
- Relating to the jaws.
- A mocking remark or reflection.
- To utter sarcastic or mocking comments; to speak with mockery or derision; to use taunting language.
- To mock; treat with mockery; to taunt.
- A gear; a tackle.
- An assemblage or combination of tackles, for hoisting or lowering the yards of a ship.
- An officer with political influence; a head or chief in government, such as a sheriff.
- A boss in a business, company or other organization.
- a jelly or gel
- To gel
- derived from a medieval variant of
- A sudden, often uncontrolled movement, especially of the body.
- A quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- A dull or stupid person.
- A person with unlikable or obnoxious qualities and behavior, typically mean, self-centered or disagreeable.
- The rate of change in acceleration with respect to time.
- A soda jerk.
- A lift in which the weight is taken with a quick motion from shoulder height to a position above the head with arms fully extended and held there for a brief time.
- To make a sudden uncontrolled movement.
- To give a quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- To masturbate.
- To beat, to hit.
- To throw with a quick and suddenly arrested motion of the hand.
- To lift using a jerk.
- To flout with contempt.
- A rich, spicy Jamaican marinade
- Meat cured by jerking; charqui.
- To cure (meat) by cutting it into strips and drying it, originally in the sun.
- Characteristic of a Jew or (the) Jews; Jewish
- Junction field effect transistor.
- A species of grassy tamarisk shrub, common in river-marshes.
- A maneuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind, typically resulting in the sudden sweep of the boom from one side of the sailboat to the other.
- To perform a jibe.
- To cause to execute a jibe.
- To agree.
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- To make a mocking remark or remarks, jeer.
- To mock, taunt.
- To say in a mocking or taunting manner.
- A jiffy; a moment; a short time.
- to deceive, swindle, trick
- neat; trim; delicate; slender; handsome; spruce; elegant.
- scant; barely sufficient.
- A quick evasive turn.
- To make a quick evasive turn.
- To cause a vehicle to make a quick evasive turn.
- In the games of spoilfive and forty-five, to win the game by taking all five tricks; also, to attempt to win all five tricks, losing what has been already won if unsuccessful.
- A hex; an evil spell.
- A person or thing supposed to bring bad luck.
- To cast a spell on.
- To bring bad luck to.
- Spirit or energy.
- All living beings; the essence or soul of such beings.
- To deceive; to be deceptive.
- To dance.
- A dance style popular in the 1940–50s.
- Swing, a style of jazz music.
- A slang associated with jazz musicians; hepcat patois or hipster jargon.
- Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
- African American Vernacular English.
- The nephew of King David, and son of Zeruiah
- to harangue, to rebuke in a long-winded or drawn-out way
- To combine more than one item into one; to put together.
- To come together; to meet.
- To come into the company of.
- To become a member of.
- To produce an intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- To unite in marriage.
- To enjoin upon; to command.
- To accept, or engage in, as a contest.
- An intersection of piping or wiring; an interconnect.
- An intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- The lowest upper bound, an operation between pairs of elements in a lattice, denoted by the symbol
- in the nature of a joke; jocular
- An ethnic group found in Senegal (where they predominate in the region of Casamance), the Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau.
- To push or shake abruptly and roughly.
- To knock sharply
- To shock (someone) into taking action or being alert
- To shock emotionally.
- To shake; to move with a series of jerks.
- An act of jolting.
- A surprise or shock.
- A long prison sentence.
- A narcotic injection.
- of e.g. jour printer.
- the jaw, jawbone; especially one of the lateral parts of the mandible.
- To throw, dash, or knock.
- a fold of fatty flesh under the chin, around the cheeks, or lower jaw (as a dewlap, wattle, crop, or double chin).
- the cheek; especially the cheek meat of a hog.
- cut of fish including the head and adjacent parts
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name, also used as a formal female given name.
- A girl or woman.
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- third person singular of jut
- To ask (somebody) to remain a platonic friend; to turn down the offer of a romantic or sexual relationship.
- The central region of Saudi Arabia.
- The lower house of the Polish parliament.
- All inanimate objects.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- Endemic syphilis, a chronic disease of skin and tissue caused by infection by a subspecies of the spirochete Treponema pallidum.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- A wide-mouthed earthenware vessel for water.
- To compel (a person or persons) to leave.
- To throw out or remove forcefully.
- To compel (a sports player) to leave the field because of inappropriate behaviour.
- To project oneself from an aircraft.
- To cause (something) to come out of a machine.
- To come out of a machine.
- A button on a machine that causes something to be ejected from the machine.
- (by analogy with subject and object) an inferred object of someone else's consciousness
- A Mexican cooperative farm.
- To receive pleasure or satisfaction from something
- To have the use or benefit of something.
- To be satisfied or receive pleasure.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- A rocky, barren plateau, especially in Scandinavia.
- A municipality in Croatia.
- An official of a Muslim court, of varied importance, initially controlling access to the caliph, but later very powerful; a chamberlain.
- One who has participated in a hajj.
- A Muslim or Arab.
- The mountainous area of northwest Saudi Arabia which gave rise to early Islam and which contains the sites of many holy places.
- A wattle-and-mud hut common in Mexico and the south-western US.
- A nickname for a person whose name is Jack, whose surname is Jackson, or similar.
- Bored or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having been over exposed to, or having consumed too much of something.
- Worn out, wearied, exhausted or lacking enthusiasm, due to age or experience.
- Made callous or cynically insensitive, by experience.
- jagged, toothed or serrated
- name from the Spanish form of James.
- name, a variant of Jamie.
- A South American striped frog, Pseudis paradoxa, remarkable for having a tadpole larger than the adult form.
- fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- A cathartic drug consisting of the tuberous roots of a convolvulaceous plant found in Mexico.
- A jalapeño.
- name derived from James, of modern American usage.
- A particular region: the southern part of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The city of located on the banks of Tawi river, which is one the largest cities in this region and which serves as the winter capital of the Indian-administered part of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Resembling jam in taste, texture, etc.
- Covered in jam.
- Of a person, lucky.
- A gun.
- An ancient Indian machine used to raise water to irrigate land.
- One who japes; a joker.
- name of Biblical origin; rare in the English-speaking world until the 1960s.
- A man mentioned in the a descendant of Adam and of Seth, the father of Enoch, an ancestor of Noah.
- The ancestor of the Jaredites in the Book of Mormon.
- A wig, notably made of worsted wool
- An armed body of Sikhs.
- A wearisome journey.
- A short excursion for pleasure or refreshment; a ramble; a short journey.
- To ramble here and there; to stroll; to make an excursion.
- To ride on a jaunting car.
- To jolt; to jounce.
- Pertaining to, or from, the island of Java
- Belonging to, or descended from, its Malay main people and its culture
- An inhabitant of the Indonesian island Java
- A member or descendant of Java's main, Malay ethno-linguistic group, by far the largest in Indonesia
- the fourth son of Japheth
- An infantryman; a soldier.
- Having jaws.
- Having a specified type of jaw.
- derived from a medieval variant of
- name, a twentieth century elaborate spelling of Jane.
- In the style of jazz.
- Flashy or showy.
- A nickname for Jeff or Geoffrey.
- A dessert made by boiling gelatine, sugar and some flavouring (often derived from fruit) and allowing it to set, known as "jello" in North America.
- A clear or translucent fruit preserve, made from fruit juice and set using either naturally occurring, or added, pectin. Known as "jam" in Commonwealth English.
- A similar dish made with meat.
- Any substance or object having the consistency of jelly.
- A jellyfish.
- A pretty girl; a girlfriend.
- A large backside, especially a woman's.
- A jelly shoe.
- To wiggle like jelly.
- To make jelly.
- A baked sheep's head.
- An immigrant.
- A greatcoat.
- To shoehorn, to cram.
- spruce; elegant.
- A modern shortened form of the female given name Jennifer.
- A unit of land used in the Middle East; its precise size depends on region and on time-period, and can range from a thousand square meters to a hectare.
- Characterized by physical jerking.
- Having the behavior of a jerk
- Lean meat cured and preserved by cutting into thin strips and air-drying in the sun.
- To cure and preserve (meat) by drying it, making jerky.
- A structure of wood or stone extended into the sea to influence the current or tide, or to protect a harbor or beach.
- A wharf or dock extending from the shore.
- A part of a building that jets or projects beyond the rest, and overhangs the wall below.
- To jut out; to project.
- Made of jet, or like jet in color.
- The Jewish population of the world collectively; the Jewish population of a locale.
- The land of the Jews; Judea.
- A pond, marsh, lake or similar wetland area, usually with significant vegetation providing shelter and/or food to a variety of aquatic and semi-aquatic animal species.
- A very short, unspecified length of time.
- A unit of time defined by the frequency of its basic timer – historically, and by convention, 0.01 of a second, but some computer operating systems use other values.
- The length of an alternating current power cycle (1/60 or 1/50 of a second).
- The time taken for light to travel a specified distance in a vacuum, usually one centimetre, but sometimes one foot or the width of a nucleon.
- Resembling or suggesting a jig.
- Jittery, fidgety, restless, excited.
- Extravagant, wonderful, excellent, enjoyable, exciting, stylish, cool, successful.
- Having fun, enjoying oneself totally; losing one's inhibitions, especially when dancing or performing to music.
- A holy war undertaken by Muslims.
- The Muslim response to the Crusade in the 12th century.
- An aggressive campaign for an idea.
- A personal spiritual struggle for self-improvement and/or against evil.
- To participate in a jihad.
- A diminutive of the female given names Jill, Jillian or Julia.
- neat, jimp, neatly, tightly
- Describing a sex-linked mutation in mice that causes severe hypomyelination in the males.
- One who supports policy favouring war.
- A Shinto place of worship.
- A diminutive of the female given name Virginia.
- A gathering of elders or leaders in Pakistan or Afghanistan, especially within a tribe.
- A per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens, who meet certain criteria.
- Knowledge, as acquired through meditation, that one's self (atman) is identical with Ultimate Reality Brahman.
- Pure awareness that is free of conceptual encumbrances.
- A lawn jockey.
- A chimpanzee.
- A state in southern Malaysia that has Johor Bahru as its capital.
- A city/town in Iowa.
- A piece of timber laid horizontally, or nearly so, to which the planks of the floor, or the laths or furring strips of a ceiling, are nailed.
- To fit or furnish with joists.
- Really good
- funny or entertaining
- Characterised by jolts; bumpy or jerky.
- A minor prophet who was cast into the sea and swallowed by a whale.
- A book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Tanakh.
- The 10th sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- A person who brings a ship bad luck.
- Any person or object which is deemed to cause bad luck; a jinx.
- A large vessel for drinking (usually alcoholic beverages).
- A large quantity.
- The contents, or quantity of the contents, of such a vessel.
- A diminutive of the female given name Josephine.
- Written as, or like, a brief informal sketch.
- The dialect of working-class Quebecers.
- A chained iron collar once used in churches to expose sinners to public scorn
- Chiefly U.S.: plural of journeymen
- A tilting match: a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances in the lists or enclosed field.
- To engage in mock combat on horseback, as two knights in the lists; to tilt.
- To engage in verbal sparring over an important issue. (used of two people, both of whom participate more or less equally)
- To touch penises while engaging in a sex act, especially oral sex.
- Having conspicuous jowls.
- name, associated by folk etymology with joy and rejoice.
- A large vessel holding liquor.
- Fourth son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Judah, from which David and his lineage came.
- The southern Israelite kingdom which continued to be ruled by the Davidic dynasty after Solomon's death and the breakup of the united monarchy, with the northern portion keeping the name Israel.
- Relating to a yoke or marriage
- Pertaining to the jugal bone.
- A bone found in the skull of most reptiles, amphibians and birds; the equivalent of a malar in mammals.
- One of the ridges commonly found on the fruit of umbelliferous plants.
- A pair of opposite leaflets of a pinnate plant.
- Having lots of juice.
- (of a story, etc.) Exciting; titillating.
- (of a blow, strike, etc.) Strong, painful.
- A refreshing drink flavored with aromatic herbs, especially mint.
- A diminutive of the female given name Julia.
- Any millipede in the order Julida.
- Any millipede in the family .
- Especially large or powerful.
- An especially large or powerful person, animal or thing.
- Nervous and excited.
- Resembling or characteristic of junk; cheap, worthless, or of low quality.
- A close-fitting sleeveless jacket, descending below the hips, worn over armour.
- A petticoat.
- Of or pertaining to law.
- Of or pertaining to moral rights and obligations.
- The jack, edible fish of the genera Caranx or Trachurus.
- A projection in a building; also, a pier or mole; a jetty
- To project outwards.
- A member of a Gujarati-speaking Shiite sect who take the Aga Khan as their religious head.
- A kind of Turkish saber.
- A small hill or mound (especially on the African veld).
Possible word length